lol夏季赛怎么进季后赛

lol?????????

lol?????????

Friday, April 24, 2020

Print this page Email A Friend!

PARIS, France (AFP)— Experts on Friday dismissed as reckless and irresponsible US President Donald Trump's suggestion of injecting disinfectant to treat patients with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

"Is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside (the body)?", Trumps asked at his daily briefing Thursday, having said that disinfectant knocks out the virus "in a minute".

"Because, you see, it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs," Trump continued, apparently referring to disinfectant. "So it would be interesting to check that out."

In interviews and on social networks, doctors and others dismissed Trump's idea out-of-hand.

"This notion of injecting or ingesting any type of cleansing product into the body is irresponsible, and it's dangerous," Vin Gupta, pulmonologist and global health expert told NBC News.

"It's a common method that people utilise when they want to kill themselves."

"We have already seen people mistakenly poisoning themselves by taking chloroquine when their hopes were raised by unscientific comments," noted Parastou Donyai, director of pharmacy practice and the University of Reading, referring to a malaria drug Trump has promoted as a treatment for COVID-19.

Last month, an Arizona man died and his wife was put in critical condition after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in the medicine promoted by the US president.?p>

Injecting a toxic substance "gives very little time to step in and reverse the injection of a poison," Donyai warned.

Walter Shaub, former director of the US Office of Government Ethics, said Trump's daily briefings are doing more harm than good.

"As a public service, please stop airing these coronavirus briefings, they are endangering lives," he tweeted. "And please do not drink or inject disinfectant."

University of California professor and former secretary of labour Robert Reich agreed, tweeting that "Trump's briefings are actively endangering the public's health."

"Boycott this propaganda -- Listen to the experts," he added.

At least two manufacturers of cleaning products sold in the United States issued statements after Trump's address, warning people against using them as a treatment.

"Under no circumstances should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route," Reckitt Benckiser, the UK-based maker of Lysol and Dettol, said in a statement Friday.

Now you can read the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, anywhere. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at http://bit.ly/epaperlive

ADVERTISEMENT

POST A COMMENT

HOUSE RULES

1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper ? email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: advertising@jamaicaobserver.com.

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: community@jamaicaobserver.com.

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy

comments powered by Disqus
ADVERTISEMENT

With signs that the COVID-19 pandemic isn't anywhere near ending, how are you coping?
I am impatient to get back to normal life
22%
I'm happy to spend time with family
10%
I'm concerned for those who are vulnerable
46%
I'm anxious about my health
13%
I'm lonely
5%
I'm angry about restrictions to my freedom
4%