2020LPL比赛那个粉丝加油面板那个BGM

2020LPL????????????BGM

2020LPL????????????BGM

Saturday, May 09, 2020

Print this page Email A Friend!

KINGSTON, Jamaica—People's National Party (PNP) President and Leader of the Opposition Dr Peter Phillips, says the nation owes a debt of gratitude to its mothers on this challenging Mother's Day.

In his Mother's Day message, the Opposition Leader called the nation's mothers heroes and said that their contribution, to our society, cannot be underestimated.

The full statement from the Opposition Leader is published below:

President of the People's National Party (PNP) and Leader of the Opposition, Dr Peter Phillips, said on this significant and challenging Mother's Day, all Jamaicans owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to our mothers. ?p>

“Our mothers are true heroes, and their contribution cannot be underestimated or even quantified. They are the foundation of families, the nurturers of our children, and essentially the cement that holds our families and our country together as we seek to build a strong future for all,” Dr Phillips said.

Dr Phillips said this is indeed a society in which we have witnessed true examples of our mothers who have put their shoulders to the wheel, running businesses, pioneering major enterprises, shattering glass ceilings and conquering new frontiers in science, education and other vocations, while ensuring that their children are strong and ready to meet the challenges of the future.

This year, in the face of the severe economic, social, and health woes wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic, our mothers are being called upon to meet even greater challenges as they take on increased responsibilities of educating our children due to the closure of schools. Mothers are enduring the hardships of quarantine and isolation while still securing the health of their families by ensuring adherence to the guidelines of frequent washing of hands, the sanitizing of surfaces, and the general hygiene of their children.

We say thanks and show appreciation to our mothers who are on the frontlines, our nurses, doctors, other health care workers and members of the security forces. They face the challenges of motherhood as they confront the prevailing circumstances of COVID-19.

On a personal note, I am constantly filled with awe and appreciation for my mother, now deceased, who always showed love and support. I also salute the mothers of my children, particularly my wife Sandra.

Now you can read the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, anywhere. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at http://bit.ly/epaperlive

ADVERTISEMENT

POST A COMMENT

HOUSE RULES

1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper ? email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: advertising@jamaicaobserver.com.

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: community@jamaicaobserver.com.

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy

comments powered by Disqus
ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon
ADVERTISEMENT
2020LPL????????????BGM | ???